Scandic has a well-invested, attractive, and growing hotel portfolio. With presence at close to 130 locations, Scandic is clearly the leading hotel company in the Nordic region. We operate our hotels with long-term leases that are usually variable based on the hotel’s revenue. Responsibility for investments is clearly regulated in the lease agreements. In general, Scandic is responsible for furniture, fixtures, and equipment while the property owner has responsibility for the building as well as technical installations and bathrooms. Accordingly, the property owner has responsibility for most investments made in a hotel.
At the end of December 2022, Scandic had more than 55,831 hotel rooms in operation at 271 hotels in six countries, of which 250 were operated under lease agreements. Additionally, Scandic had more than 1,564 rooms at three hotels in its net signed pipeline.
Scandic’s portfolio, which has the largest geographic reach in the Nordic countries, includes hotels that are centrally located in larger cities as well as in business centers and airports, beside major highways or in beautiful natural settings. The hotels vary in design depending on the location and type of hotel – but Scandic’s popular standard offering is always the same everywhere.
Number of hotels in operation and in pipeline
|Hotels||of which with Lease contracts||Rooms||of which with Lease contracts||Hotels|
(incl. new hotels and planned exits)
|Change during the quarter||0||0||-146||-146||-2||-252|
1) The two new hotels refers to the existing hotels Scandic Ariadne and Scandic Norra Bantorget, that are currently closed for renovation.
Latest press releases
- May 24, 2023 09:30 CEST 24 new industry talents graduate from Scandic’s leadership program
- May 9, 2023 15:02 CEST Bulletin from Scandic’s annual general meeting 2023
- May 8, 2023 13:15 CEST Laura Tarkka new Head of Scandic Hotels in Finland
- April 27, 2023 07:32 CEST Scandic enters economy segment – first Scandic Go hotel to open after summer