Scandic In brief
Scandic is the largest nordic hotel operator with a network of about 280 hotels with 58,000 rooms in operation and under development in six countries. We have a strong focus on sustainability and more than 200 of our hotels are certified by the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.
- Scandic was founded in 1963 and since then, we have been a pioneer, driving development within the hotel industry. We operate in the mid-market segment under our industry-leading brand, Scandic. We have a strong focus on sustainability and more than 200 of our hotels are certified by the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.
- We have a high rate of returning guests and Scandic Friends is the largest loyalty program in the Nordic hotel sector.
- Scandic has more than 19,000 dedicated team members.
- Scandic is a pioneer within sustainability and the majority of our hotels are certified according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel’s requirements.
Our guest promise
Always welcoming, A good night’s sleep,
A great start to the day, For a better tomorrow.
When people visit our hotels, or in any other way interact with our Scandic brand, it’s important that we are coherent on what we promise our guests and what they always can expect from us. We have narrowed it down into four core benefits; Always welcoming, A good night’s sleep, A great start to the day, For a better tomorrow.
In 1999, the first Scandic hotel, Scandic Sjølyst in Oslo, was certified by the Nordic Swan Ecolabel. Today, almost 25 years later, Scandic is the largest Nordic Swan Ecolabeled hotel company with more than 200 certified hotels and a clear ambition to certify all Scandic hotels by 2023.
At Scandic, there are many exciting positions at our hotels and head office, as well as at our regional offices. Upwards, downwards, sidewards, or why not across international borders. It is up to you to decide on your own personal career path within Scandic.
We use our Nordic spirit, culture and way of doing things to be all that we can be as a hotel company.
Our Investor Relations department keeps the capital markets continuously informed about Scandic's market position, operations, and development. If you have a question or need more information, please contact us!
Latest press releases
- November 17, 2022 09:15 CET Current affairs and commercial leadership in focus as Scandic develops future leaders
- November 9, 2022 10:30 CET Thérèse Cedercreutz new Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels
- October 28, 2022 10:00 CEST Nomination committee for Scandic’s AGM 2023 appointed
- October 27, 2022 07:30 CEST Scandic’s interim report Q3 2022 – Scandic’s best quarter ever