Today, Scandic has launched a Scandic Hotels credit card connected to its Scandic Friends loyalty program that will offer members more opportunities to earn points and faster ways to level up. The credit card is being offered in cooperation with SEB Kort and will be launched initially in the Swedish market. Scandic Friends is the largest loyalty program in the Nordic hotel industry with 2.4 million members.
– Scandic’s focus is always the guest experience and offering products and services adapted to their needs. Launching the Scandic Friends Mastercard is the next step in giving our Scandic Friends members even more benefits, starting with a welcome bonus of 10,000 points, says Alvin Argus, VP Customer Loyalty & Insights at Scandic Hotels Group.
– Scandic’s strong customer focus is in line with our strategy. We enjoy a leading position in the Nordic region when it comes to partnerships and payment solutions, and Scandic is the leading hotel company in the hospitality industry in the same geographic market. I’m very pleased that we have the opportunity to launch the Scandic Friends Mastercard and I see great development opportunities in the future, says Mads Krumhardt Enggren, Head of SEB Kort.
Scandic Friends Mastercard is a physical credit card that allows members to earn points on everything they pay for with the card. Earned points can be used towards hotel nights, weekends and products and services from Scandic’s partners. With the welcome bonus, members can quickly move up to the next membership level.
Included in the Scandic Friends Mastercard:
- Welcome bonus of 10,000 Scandic Friends Basic points
- Earn 20 Bonus points per SEK 100 spent
- No deductible on car rentals
- Opportunities to earn points via partner campaigns
- Additional travel insurance with cancellation insurance
- Extra card for family members or friends so you can earn Bonus points together. Each extra card offers 2,000 additional Basic points to start.
The fee for a Scandic Friends Mastercard is SEK 29/month
Scandic Friends was introduced in 2008. Since then, the program has been continually developed with the addition of many benefits and today, it is a popular loyalty program with 2.4 million members in the Nordic countries. In January, Scandic launched an updated loyalty program featuring a new app, better benefits, new partnerships and more ways to spend points.
Scandic Friends Mastercard will be launched in Sweden on November 15 and in the rest of the Nordic countries in 2019.
For more information, please contact:
Anna-Klara Lindholm, PR Manager, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 709 73 52 31