Extraordinary General Meeting 2020
May 28, 2020
Scandic will hold an Extraordinary General Meeting on Thursday May 28, 2020 13:00 at Scandic Alvik in Stockholm.
Scandic calls on all shareholders to utilize digital postal vote
Scandic encourages all shareholders to use the opportunity of digital postal vote in order to minimize the number of participants attending the general meeting in person and thus reduce the spread of the infection. The shareholders may exercise their voting rights at the general meeting by voting in advance, so called postal voting in accordance with section 3 of the Act (2020:198) on temporary exceptions to facilitate the execution of general meetings in companies and other associations.
A special form shall be used for advance voting. The form is available under the tab "Related Documents", at the bottom if this page. A shareholder who is exercising its voting right through advance voting do not need to notify the Company of its attendance to the general meeting. The advance voting form is considered as notification of attendance to the general meeting.
The completed voting form must be submitted to Scandic no later than Friday, May 22, 2020. The completed and signed form shall be sent to the address stated under “Registration and notification” above. A completed form may also be submitted electronically and is to be sent to email@example.com. If the shareholder is a legal entity, a certificate of incorporation or a corresponding document shall be enclosed to the form. The same apply for shareholders voting in advance by proxy. The shareholder may not provide special instructions or conditions in the voting form. If so, the vote is invalid.
Further instructions and conditions are included in the form for advance voting.
Information in relation to the Corona virus (Covid-19)
In view of the recent developments of the spread of the Corona virus (Covid-19), Scandic has taken certain precautionary measures in relation to the extraordinary general meeting on May 28, 2020. The measures are being taken to reduce the risk of spread of contagion.
- Shareholders should carefully consider the possibility to vote in advance, please see above, as well as the possibility of participating by way of proxy. Shareholders who display symptoms of infection (dry cough, fever, respiratory distress, sore throat, headache, muscle and joint ache), have been in contact with people displaying symptoms, or belong to a risk group, are in particular encouraged to utilize such possibility. A form for advance voting and a proxy form is available at "Related Documents", at the bottom if this page.
- No external guests will be invited.
- No refreshments will be served prior to or after the extraordinary general meeting.
- The extraordinary general meeting will be conducted in the shortest possible time without limiting the rights of the shareholders.
- Kindly review the information and recommendations issued by the Swedish Public Health Authority (Sw. Folkhälsomyndigheten).
The continued spread of the Corona virus (Covid-19) and its effects are still difficult to assess with certainty and Scandic is closely following the developments. If any further precautionary measures in relation to the extraordinary general meeting must be taken, information thereof will be published on the Company’s website www.scandichotelsgroup.com, under the tab "Extraordinary General Meeting 2020".