Laura Tarkka new Head of Scandic Hotels in Finland
Laura Tarkka is a well-known name within the Finnish business sector and her most recent position is CEO of Finland’s largest electronics chain, Gigantti. Prior to this, she worked for several years in the hospitality industry as CEO of Kämp Collection Hotels and held management positions within the Fazer Group.
- Laura is a skilled leader and business strategist with experience from international companies as well as in-depth knowledge of the hotel business. We’ve opened many new hotels in the Finnish market in the past few years and as demand is increasing, we are now entering a new growth phase. I am convinced that Laura’s experience and drive will be a strong addition on our continued journey, says Jens Mathiesen, President & CEO of Scandic Hotels Group.
- It’s exciting to return to the hospitality industry at the helm of Scandic in Finland. Scandic is a reliable partner and friend on the journeys of thousands of travelers every day, and this position is built on having a business and sustainable mindset as well as an inclusive and caring corporate culture. I look forward to joining and leading an expert team as we take the next steps in Scandic’s development in the Finnish market, says Laura Tarkka.
Scandic Finland is the Scandic Hotels Group’s third largest market, with 61 hotels and close to 13,000 hotel rooms. Laura will take over from Aki Käyhkö who will leave the company after 11 years.
- Under Aki’s leadership, our Finnish operations have made Scandic into a well-loved brand with a significant market position, in part through the acquisition of Restel which doubled the number of hotels under the Scandic flag in Finland. I am grateful for Aki’s hard work to make Scandic into what it is today, and I wish him all the best in his continued career, continues Jens.
Laura will start her new position in the middle of August 2023.
For more information, please contact:
Elin Westin, Director of Communication, Scandic Hotels Group
Telephone: +46 702 777 526
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is leading the way in integrating sustainability in all areas and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and Scandic is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.scandichotelsgroup.com
Latest press releases
- May 24, 2023 09:30 CEST 24 new industry talents graduate from Scandic’s leadership program
- May 9, 2023 15:02 CEST Bulletin from Scandic’s annual general meeting 2023
- May 8, 2023 13:15 CEST Laura Tarkka new Head of Scandic Hotels in Finland
- April 27, 2023 07:32 CEST Scandic enters economy segment – first Scandic Go hotel to open after summer
- June 14, 2023 Silent period Q2, 2023
- July 14, 2023 Q2 Report 2023
- September 26, 2023 Silent period Q3, 2023