Scandic strengthens digital self-service offering – new online booking feature for meetings
During the past 19 months, the rate of digitalization has accelerated rapidly, placing new demands on how people want to manage their working hours. The need for digital self-service and flexible meetings is increasing and to satisfy this demand, Scandic is launching the possibility to book meeting and conference rooms for up to 30 people directly on its website. The digital booking service offers an overview of all Scandic hotels that offer meeting facilities, making it easy for meeting planners to choose the hotel and number of participants as well as the length of the meeting, from two hours to a half or full day.
- We’re seeing greater demand for digital self-service solutions in our Nordic markets, which is why we’re introducing a digital booking service for smaller meetings on short notice. This is a much-anticipated feature for anyone who wants to schedule and hold meetings on short notice, regardless of where they are in the Nordic region, says Anna Spjuth, Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels Group.
The booking service has been integrated as a natural part of Scandic’s website, with both booking and payment managed in Scandic’s regular booking system. From December 7, the service will be launched at 50 hotels in the Nordic region. By the end of the first quarter 2022, all 195 hotels offering meeting and conference facilities in the Nordic countries, Germany and Poland will be available for direct booking online.
- Throughout the pandemic, our rate of innovation has been high and we’ve launched several new offerings for our guests. Due to the current situation, digitalization in the entire industry has picked up speed in pace with changed guest and visitor needs and behaviors. The fact that we’re now launching a digital booking service for meetings is a good example of how we are creating flexibility in our meeting business, both for our guests and team members, continues Anna Spjuth, Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels Group.
The new online booking feature has been developed in cooperation with Finnish hospitality SaaS (Software as a Service) company MeetingPackage, sole provider of the only omnichannel sales automation software for meeting, conference and event bookings.
- We’re delighted to have been chosen to deliver an online booking solution for meetings and events to Scandic Hotels. This cooperation further strengthens our mutual belief that customers want to book services online, saving time for both Scandic’s guests and team members, says Joonas Ahola, CEO & Founder of MeetingPackage.
Since the start of the pandemic, Scandic has launched a number of successful, innovative offerings including coworking, hybrid meetings, digital check-in/check-out and multi-booking, which allows guests to book an entire holiday or business trip at several hotels in one booking.
Book your meeting for up 30 people here!
For more information, please contact:
Elin Westin, Director of Communication, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 702 777 526
Henrik Vikström, Director Investor Relations, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 709 528 006
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic Hotels is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.scandichotelsgroup.com
Latest press releases
- March 1, 2023 08:05 CET Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark opens in premier location
- February 16, 2023 07:30 CET Scandic’s year-end report 2022 - Stable quarter ends a strong year
- February 2, 2023 13:15 CET Invitation to presentation of Scandic’s year-end report 2022
- November 17, 2022 09:15 CET Current affairs and commercial leadership in focus as Scandic develops future leaders
- March 28, 2023 Silent period Q1, 2023
- April 27, 2023 Q1 Report 2023
- May 9, 2023 Annual General Meeting 2023