Åsa Wirén new CFO at Scandic Hotels
- Åsa is a strong leader with broad experience from CFO roles on the Group level. With her solid background, she’ll be a very valuable addition to our team and I look forward to welcoming her to Scandic during a strong recovery period after the pandemic, says Jens Mathiesen, President & CEO of Scandic Hotels Group.
Prior to working at Bonnier, Åsa was CFO at SkiStar. Before that, she was also auditor and partner at KPMG Sweden for a number of years. She holds several board positions at Swedish companies including in the real estate and consulting sectors.
- Working with hotels is a dream for me since I love great service and being part of creating people’s experiences. Hospitality is an industry of the future and with its strong brand and corporate culture, Scandic is in a good position to continue its development after 18 tough months. It’s an exciting journey that I’m looking forward to being a part of together with Jens and my new colleagues, says Åsa Wirén.
As previously announced, Scandic’s current CFO Jan Johansson decided to leave Scandic after six years with the company. Scandic and Jan Johansson have agreed that he will continue as CFO until February 28, 2022.
For more information, please contact:
Henrik Vikström, Director Investor Relations, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 709 528 006
Elin Westin, Director of Communication, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 702 777 526
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Latest press releases
- May 24, 2023 09:30 CEST 24 new industry talents graduate from Scandic’s leadership program
- May 9, 2023 15:02 CEST Bulletin from Scandic’s annual general meeting 2023
- May 8, 2023 13:15 CEST Laura Tarkka new Head of Scandic Hotels in Finland
- April 27, 2023 07:32 CEST Scandic enters economy segment – first Scandic Go hotel to open after summer
- June 14, 2023 Silent period Q2, 2023
- July 14, 2023 Q2 Report 2023
- September 26, 2023 Silent period Q3, 2023