Svein Arild Steen-Mevold to leave Scandic
Between 2010 and 2019, Svein Arild was Country Head of Scandic’s Norwegian operations before starting a newly-established position in January 2020 as Chief Portfolio Officer with overall responsibility for the Group’s portfolio management. Svein Arild will remain in his current position at Scandic until August 31 and will be at the company’s disposal until September 30 when he will begin his new position with overall responsibility for tourism at the Adolfsen Group and also become Chairman of the Board of Norlandia Hotel Group.
– For many years, Svein Arild has successfully led Scandic’s Norwegian operations. As Chief Portfolio Officer he has driven constructive dialogues with our property owners, which was crucial to get us through a period of extremely low occupancy. I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to Svein Arild for his contributions to Scandic and I wish him all the best as he now moves on to new challenges. Together with Vice President Business Development Jesper Engman, I will take over responsibility for discussions with property owners regarding lease agreements, a prioritized area for us, says Jens Mathiesen, President & CEO of Scandic Hotels Group AB.
– I’m proud of what we’ve achieved during my years at Scandic and it was not an easy decision to leave the company. I truly enjoyed my time as Chief Portfolio Officer even though much of the work focused on mitigating the immediate effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on our operations, says Svein Arild Steen-Mevold.
For more information, please contact:
Henrik Vikström, Director Investor Relations
Phone: +46 709 528006
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic Hotels is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Latest press releases
- January 17, 2022 09:30 CET Scandic to open climate-neutral hotel in Sundsvall in 2024
- December 7, 2021 08:00 CET Scandic strengthens digital self-service offering – new online booking feature for meetings
- November 1, 2021 12:00 CET Scandic Hamburger Börs now open
- October 29, 2021 14:30 CEST Nomination committee for Scandic’s AGM 2022 appointed
- February 10, 2022 Year-end Report 2021
- March 26, 2022 Silent period Q1, 2022
- April 27, 2022 Q1 Report, 2022