Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark opens in premier location
The hotel is part of the new Hafenpark Quartier Frankfurt development designed by Hamburg-based architect Hadi Teherani. Balancing individuality, a wealth of green space and Nordic style, it takes a whole new approach to the future of travel and work, bringing the outdoors inside. Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark also offers a gym, sauna and relaxation area, and a 320-seat restaurant with an open show kitchen.
- The Hafenpark Quartier development has given Frankfurt a vibrant neighborhood brimming with energy. And in addition to expanding our range in the city, our new hotel gives Scandic a great opportunity to continue expanding into large German cities. We think there’s no better place for us to turn our vision of the next generation of conference hotels into reality, says Michel Schutzbach, Head of Europe, Scandic Hotels.
Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark stands out for its unique meetings and events concept. The centerpiece is the hotel’s 600-square-meter ballroom, featuring Germany’s largest Skyfold walls. The space can be divided into three rooms and is part of the Meeting Park area that includes 14 conference rooms.
- Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark is first and foremost an event venue with hotel rooms. Our goal is to give guests as much freedom as possible to plan their events and make even unusual requests possible. Together with my fantastic team, I’m proud to open our doors today to create world class hotel experiences for all our guests, says Heiko Kain, General Manager, Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark.
The hotel’s 505 rooms feature Scandic’s Room Collection concept. Each has been designed with circularity in mind and parts of the room interiors are environmentally certified or made from recycled materials. The interiors have a lifespan of up to 15 years and most materials can be reused or recycled during renovations, which is in line with Scandic’s vision of a completely circular hotel room. Additionally, 53 out of the 505 hotel rooms are accessibility rooms.
As at all Scandic hotels, sustainability is a central part of Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark. The hotel aims to be certified by the Nordic Swan Ecolabel when the label is introduced in Germany in 2023. Environmentally certified products and chemicals, the absence of single-use disposables, reduced water consumption, a climate-friendly menu and reduced food waste form the basis for certification. The hotel property will also be environmentally certified according to DGNB Gold.
The hotel is located near excellent public transportation and bikes are available for rent. Another green feature is the beehives that will be kept on the roof of the building, contributing to the ecosystem of the area. Earthy tones and natural materials dominate the design and moss-covered walls and hanging plants contribute to the calm but energy-filled atmosphere.
Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark is Scandic’s sixth hotel in Germany. The new hotel strengthens Scandic’s presence in the German hotel market and after the opening, the company will operate a total of 2,150 rooms in the country.
Facts about Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark
- 505 rooms
- 53 accessible rooms
- Restaurant and bar, seating for 320
- 14 conference rooms, maximum capacity 570
- Ball room, 600 square-meter
- Gym with sauna and relaxation area
- Architect, interior: Koncept
- Architect, exterior: Hadi Teherani
- Property owner: B&L Gruppe
- Construction: Bauwens, Bachhuber
- Construction years: 2019 – 2023
- Environmental certification: DGNB Gold (in preparation) and Nordic Swan Ecolable (in preparation)
For more information, please contact:
Oscar Brehmer, Communication Manager, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 721 709 297
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with a network of about 280 hotels with 58,000 rooms in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.scandichotelsgroup.com