Scandic to take over Hotel Opus in Horsens, Denmark
Hotel Opus is located in state-of-the-art hotel and conference facilities with a view of the Nørrestrand nature reserve and downtown Horsens just around the corner. The property is built in Scandinavian style and features bright, open spaces and a large terrace that guests can enjoy in the summer. Today, Hotel Opus attracts conference guests from all parts of the country as well as leisure travelers who are drawn to the area for its culture and proximity to nature. Pursuant to the agreement between Scandic and Munkebjerg Group, Scandic will operate the hotel from October 1 2022 under the name Scandic Opus Horsens.
- We’ve had an good dialogue with Munkebjerg Group and we are very happy to have the opportunity to take over this fantastic hotel. We are already familiar with the region, a popular area that attracts business and leisure travelers alike and where we see continued strong hotel demand. By welcoming this new hotel to the Scandic family, we see great opportunities to continue developing the hospitality industry in the area, says Søren Faerber, Head of Scandic Hotels Denmark.
- We are pleased to have entered into a partnership regarding Hotel Opus Horsens with Scandic, a skilled hotel operator that shares our values. After 50 years of running hotels, it’s great to be able to take a step back and instead manage the property with Scandic as tenant, says Hans Geschwendtner from Munkebjerg Group.
Scandic already operates one hotel in Horsens, Scandic Bygholm Park, which the company will exit when the lease expires at the end of the year. After taking over Hotel Opus, Scandic will have 132 hotel rooms in operation in Horsens going forward, ensuring a continued strong position in the region.
For more information, please contact:
Elin Westin, Director of Communication, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 70 277 75 26
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Latest press releases
- March 1, 2023 08:05 CET Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark opens in premier location
- February 16, 2023 07:30 CET Scandic’s year-end report 2022 - Stable quarter ends a strong year
- February 2, 2023 13:15 CET Invitation to presentation of Scandic’s year-end report 2022
- November 17, 2022 09:15 CET Current affairs and commercial leadership in focus as Scandic develops future leaders
- March 28, 2023 Silent period Q1, 2023
- April 27, 2023 Q1 Report 2023
- May 9, 2023 Annual General Meeting 2023