Scandic to open climate-neutral hotel in Sundsvall in 2024
The hotel, which will be ideally located next to Sundsvall’s harbor and railway station, will have 210 rooms and a cozy restaurant and bar area on the ground floor. One floor up, guests will be able to enjoy the hotel’s spa and wellness facilities, gym and meeting rooms while taking in the spectacular view of the Bothnian Sea.
The building’s frame, facade and interior will be made of wood, meeting the requirements for the high-ranking environmental certification, LEED Gold. With its choice of energy-efficient materials and solar panels on the roof, the new hotel will maintain a very high energy standard and be 100 percent climate-neutral during its lifetime.
Sundsvall is an attractive hotel market that boasts a strong local business community and growing tourism industry. Scandic already operates two hotels in Sundsvall with a total of 312 rooms.
- Scandic’s new hotel in Sundsvall will be a modern and attractive meeting place ideally located in an exciting area where we can see a growing demand for hotel accommodations. We’ve been developing the hotel together with Skanska for the past two years and naturally, it feels extremely positive to be further strengthening our hotel offering in the city, says Peter Jangbratt, Head of Scandic Hotels Sweden.
- It is gratifying to now have Scandic as a tenant - a company that shares our values in terms of sustainability and with which we have worked closely in other projects, says Joakim Åkesson, Regional Manager at Skanska Sverige.
For more information, please contact:
Henrik Vikström, Director Investor Relations, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 709 52 80 06
Oscar Brehmer, Communication Manager, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone : +46 721 709 297
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic Hotels is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.scandichotelsgroup.com
Latest press releases
- February 2, 2023 13:15 CET Invitation to presentation of Scandic’s year-end report 2022
- November 17, 2022 09:15 CET Current affairs and commercial leadership in focus as Scandic develops future leaders
- November 9, 2022 10:30 CET Thérèse Cedercreutz new Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels
- October 28, 2022 10:00 CEST Nomination committee for Scandic’s AGM 2023 appointed
- February 16, 2023 Year-end report 2022
- March 28, 2023 Silent period Q1, 2023
- April 27, 2023 Q1 Report 2023