Scandic opens boutique hotel with rooftop bar and stunning views of Copenhagen
Located next to Nørreport Station and Kongens Have, Scandic Nørreport is Scandic’s ninth hotel in downtown Copenhagen and 29th hotel in Denmark. The hotel has been designed with a focus on providing an ultra-comfortable stay in the heart of the city and features a rooftop bar with spectacular views. The concept behind the hotel’s interior design aims to create a warm, harmonious atmosphere using soothing Nordic tones together with Danish design.
- Scandic Nørreport doesn’t just mark the opening of a new boutique hotel with a great location and fantastic rooftop bar, it also marks the beginning of a busy summer during which we’re looking forward to welcoming Nordic travelers back to Copenhagen again. The size and design of the hotel suit this part of the city and will strengthen our position in the hotel market in Copenhagen as we offer guests a new and slightly different type of Scandic hotel experience compared with our existing portfolio in the capital, says Søren Faerber, Head of Scandic Hotels Denmark.
Level Six, the hotel’s rooftop bar and terrace, is located on the sixth floor, high above the urban bustle, offering magnificent views of Nørreport Station and Kongens Have. Level Six’s concept is based on high-quality ingredients and craft cocktails thanks to a collaboration with a number of small Danish distilleries. Guests will also be able to enjoy a variety of lighter meals made using organic and local ingredients.
- It feels great to bring a new Scandic hotel to Copenhagen. Together with my entire team, I’m looking forward to welcoming guests to a hotel with a distinct international yet local atmosphere where they can enjoy spectacular views from the rooftop bar and end the day with a great night’s sleep in one of our 100 rooms, says Mads Brockmann-Petersen, General Manager at Scandic Nørreport.
Scandic is the only hotel company in Denmark whose hotels are ecolabeled by the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, and Scandic Nørreport will be the first Danish hotel to be certified according to Nordic Swan Ecolabel’s new, tougher requirements that include a special focus on climate impact. In practice, this means that Scandic Nørreport will focus on reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions, increase the use of ecolabeled cleaning products and serve more environmentally food while reducing food waste.
- Meeting the Nordic Swan Ecolabel’s new requirements shows just how ambitious Scandic is in taking responsibility for protecting the environment and addressing climate change. Scandic has focused on sustainability for many years and the Nordic Swan Ecolabel is one of the most important tools in this process. I hope that other hotels will be inspired by Scandic and follow suit, says Martin Fabiansen, Director of Ecolabelling Denmark.
With the opening of Scandic Nørreport, Scandic now operates 13 hotels in Greater Copenhagen with a total of 3,154 rooms.
Facts about Scandic Nørreport
- 6 floors, rooftop terrace
- Hotel space: ca 3,700 m2
- Rooms: 100
- Accessible rooms: 5
- Allergy-friendly rooms: 5
- Restaurant & bar seating: 80 inside, 110 outside
- Architect (building): PLH Arkitekter
- Property owner: ATP
- Construction year: 2020–2022
- Environmental certification: Nordic Swan Ecolabel
For more information, please contact:
Oscar Brehmer, Communication Manager, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 721 709 297
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.scandichotelsgroup.com
Latest press releases
- November 17, 2022 09:15 CET Current affairs and commercial leadership in focus as Scandic develops future leaders
- November 9, 2022 10:30 CET Thérèse Cedercreutz new Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels
- October 28, 2022 10:00 CEST Nomination committee for Scandic’s AGM 2023 appointed
- October 27, 2022 07:30 CEST Scandic’s interim report Q3 2022 – Scandic’s best quarter ever
- January 17, 2023 Silent period Year-end report 2022
- February 16, 2023 Year-end report 2022
- March 28, 2023 Silent period Q1, 2023