Scandic launches new communication concept and Nordic advertising campaign
- The hospitality industry has had a tough time, but the fact that guests have returned so quickly is clear proof that people want to travel, meet and get together. This is why we’re so happy to be increasing our visibility again and launching a joint campaign in all of our markets – the first in quite some time, says Marcus Hammarström, Brand & Marketing Director at Scandic Hotels Group.
The concept is part of the new brand platform Scandic launched in the winter. It will allow the company to communicate more forcefully across all markets and strengthen the emotional connection with new guests.
“Your friend in town” builds on the local service concepts and personalized attention that Scandic always delivers. With 270 hotels at 130 destinations, Scandic aims to be perceived as a dependable friend that makes your travel easier and helps you navigate a new city. For guests looking for a warm welcome, a great night’s sleep and a slightly better start to the day, there is always a Scandic close by.
The new advertising campaign, which is based on the company’s new communication concept, highlights some of the everyday situations where a hotel stay can make a big difference, such as when you’re visiting the in-laws or need a night of undisturbed slumber.
- A hotel night doesn’t always have to involve a long journey or huge cost. Sometimes, it can be a way to take a break from everyday life so you can energize yourself or enjoy better relationships. Through this campaign, we want to open ourselves to new guests – offer them a glimpse into our world, arouse curiosity and convey a more emotional image than we have before, continues Marcus Hammarström.
The new campaign has been developed by the advertising agency Drum. It will be launched on October 17 in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Germany and will last for five weeks with a focus on digital channels, displays, cinemas and outdoor advertising.
- It feels fantastic to be working with Scandic, a brand that is highly trusted and that enjoys wide recognition throughout the Nordic countries. A hotel stay is so much more than just a bed to sleep in – it’s your home away from home when you’re traveling, a friend in a city where you may not know anyone. With this new communication approach, we’re aiming to convey this and create a stronger bond with guests who may visit Scandic less often, says Emil Thelander, Managing Director at Drum.
The new campaign will also feature the Nordic Swan Ecolabel for the first time. Scandic has been collaborating with the Nordic Swan Ecolabel for nearly 30 years, and in 2022 and 2023, all of Scandic’s ecolabeled hotels will be re-certified based on their new, tougher environmental criteria.
View the campaign films here: Scandic Hotels - YouTube
For more information, please contact:
Oscar Brehmer, Communication Manager, Scandic Hotels Group
Telephone: +46 721 709 297
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.scandichotelsgroup.com
Latest press releases
- November 17, 2022 09:15 CET Current affairs and commercial leadership in focus as Scandic develops future leaders
- November 9, 2022 10:30 CET Thérèse Cedercreutz new Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels
- October 28, 2022 10:00 CEST Nomination committee for Scandic’s AGM 2023 appointed
- October 27, 2022 07:30 CEST Scandic’s interim report Q3 2022 – Scandic’s best quarter ever
- January 17, 2023 Silent period Year-end report 2022
- February 16, 2023 Year-end report 2022
- March 28, 2023 Silent period Q1, 2023