Scandic takes Gothenburg to new heights – Scandic Göteborg Central set to open next year
At Scandic Göteborg Central, the pulse from the harbor and downtown will carry into the hotel through the building’s distinctive glass facade. Guests will initially be welcomed by large arrangements of sofas, coworking tables and vibrant bar and restaurant areas that will offer culinary experiences from different continents. Just as on the exterior of the building, the container-inspired design will continue on the inside and, on the ceiling, plants will grow along the large, hollow, black aluminum boxes that resemble shipping containers.
With its strategic location in Älvstaden, Scandic Göteborg Central will be the new venue for large events and meetings. The interior of the hotel has been carefully considered and designed with smart solutions to adapt to different needs. The center of the hotel features the event space of the future – The Grand Container with a six-meter ceiling. Here, up to 1,000 guests will be able to attend events and participate in meetings that are certain to be memorable. Thanks to their flexible design, the walls will be easily moveable to allow for different types of events. For smaller gatherings, there will also be 16 multifunctional rooms for effective hybrid meetings or eventful workshops on the next floor.
- Scandic Göteborg Central will be the new meeting place in the city whether it’s to launch the latest electric car or just sip a cocktail and enjoy the panoramic view from the rooftop terrace. The vibrant hotel environment will rejuvenate Gothenburg and take the city to new heights, and it is with great excitement that we’re now shifting into a higher gear as we get closer to opening the event and meeting hotel of the future, says Malin Odéhn, General Manager at Scandic Göteborg Central.
The ace up the hotel’s sleeve will be on the 14th floor – Gothenburg’s most unique rooftop terrace offering a panoramic view from the Älvsborg Bridge to Gamlestaden. The terrace will also be graced by the highest garden in the city. The large trees that will be transported by helicopter have been carefully nurtured over the years on the west coast plains. Together with the other lush plants, they will be enjoyed by hotel, bar and restaurant guests who will be able to take in the spectacular view and delight in the lively atmosphere year-round since parts of the terrace will be weather protected.
- We’re in an interesting position as the hospitality industry is undergoing a significant restart. Scandic Göteborg Central is an extremely important way for Scandic to be involved in developing Gothenburg into the Sweden’s foremost city for meetings, events and sustainable tourism. The hotel’s strategic location, just a couple hundred meters from Gothenburg Central Station, and the easy access by road create the right conditions for attracting both domestic and international meeting and event guests going forward, says Kristian Andreasson, District Director for Western & Southern Sweden at Scandic Hotels.
The property will be environmentally certified according to the international LEED system and aims to attain the highest rating, Platinum. This is an important element for Scandic to be able to further reduce its environmental and climate impact. The hotel rooms will be inspired by circular design and parts of the interiors will include recycled materials. The beds and TVs will be certified according to the Nordic Ecolabel and the textiles will be environmentally certified. The décor will have a lifespan of up to 15 years and when it is time to refurbish, the interior can be disassembled, reused and recycled to a certain degree, which is in line with Scandic’s vision of a circular hotel room.
For more information, please contact:
Oscar Brehmer, Communication Manager, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 721 709 297
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Latest press releases
- November 17, 2022 09:15 CET Current affairs and commercial leadership in focus as Scandic develops future leaders
- November 9, 2022 10:30 CET Thérèse Cedercreutz new Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels
- October 28, 2022 10:00 CEST Nomination committee for Scandic’s AGM 2023 appointed
- October 27, 2022 07:30 CEST Scandic’s interim report Q3 2022 – Scandic’s best quarter ever
- February 16, 2023 Year-end report 2022
- March 28, 2023 Silent period Q1, 2023
- April 27, 2023 Q1 Report 2023