Scandic strengthens commercial management team
Tess Mattisson has most recently worked at Choice Hotels International as Senior Director, Sales & Marketing. She also has experience from a number of management positions in commercial growth, e-commerce and change management within transitioning from analog to digital on an international level.
- It’s fantastic to be joining Scandic as the hospitality industry begins its restart. There is a strong focus on innovation and digitalization and together with my new colleagues, I look forward to creating commercial growth through an increased focus on the digital customer journey and to further strengthening Scandic’s development going forward, says Tess Mattisson, Head of E-commerce & Customer Digital Development at Scandic Hotels Group.
Marcus Hammarström has broad experience from leading commercial positions in the Nordic hospitality industry and most recently, he was Head of Marketing & Products for Birka Cruises. Marcus also has a long history of working for tour operators TUI and Ving. He has also worked with destination brands for Visit Sweden and Visit Stockholm.
- Scandic is an exciting company at the epicenter of the hospitality industry and I am both happy and proud to be able to play a central role in the continued work to operate and develop one of the Nordic region’s most well-known brands. As the industry starts up again, I look forward to working with the rest of the Scandic team to create the hotel experiences of the future and welcome both previous and new guests to Scandic, says Marcus Hammarström, Head of Marketing at Scandic Hotels Group.
Tess and Marcus will be part of Scandic’s commercial management team and joined the company during August.
- Tess and Marcus are two very welcome additions to Scandic’s commercial team and the accelerated innovation journey we’re currently on. They will bring broad expertise in e-commerce and digital service and brand development. I look forward to working with them to continue strengthening and developing Scandic’s offering, says Anna Spjuth, Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels Group.
For more information, please contact:
Elin Westin, Director of Communication, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 702 777 526
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic Hotels is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.scandichotelsgroup.com
Latest press releases
- September 16, 2021 09:00 CEST Scandic continues to empower the leaders of tomorrow
- September 15, 2021 08:00 CEST Scandic comments on current market situation – positive development during summer & promising start to the autumn
- September 8, 2021 09:00 CEST Scandic continues to enhance coworking concept – now introducing business breakfast
- August 26, 2021 08:05 CEST Scandic strengthens commercial management team
- September 28, 2021 Silent Period Q3 2021
- October 28, 2021 Q3 Report 2021
- January 11, 2022 Silent Period Year-End Report 2021