Scandic Hotels tops the Swedish sustainability list – for the eleventh year in a row
As early as 1993, Scandic decided to become the leader within sustainability and has since then driven the development of sustainability forward in the global hospitality industry. In 2020, Scandic took the next step towards continuing to be a sustainability leader, by launching a new sustainability strategy in order to continue to meet the high demands that guests and the society expect from the largest Nordic hotel operator.
- It feels absolutely fantastic that thousands of consumers have named us the industry's most sustainable brand, year after year. For us, this is proof that Scandic leads the way by being the most inclusive company for the many people, continues to lead the development towards better food and and beverage with less impact and works to offer all our guests the most sustainable room experience. We are humble before the task and very grateful for the trust of our guests, consumers and decision-makers, says Magnus Ljungberg, Sustainability Director at Scandic Hotels Group.
About Sustainable Brand Index
Sustainable Brand Index™ B2C focuses on the largest business-to-consumer brands across a variety of industries and countries. Based on more than 60 000 consumer interviews in the Nordics, the Netherlands & the Baltics, the study looks at how sustainable your brand is perceived to be, why it is perceived this way and what to do about it. Currently, the study is conducted annually in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, The Netherlands, Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania. The ambition is to grow Sustainable Brand Index™ B2C to as many countries, industries and brands as possible.
For more information, please contact:
Oscar Brehmer, Communication Manager, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 721 709 297
Magnus Ljungberg, Sustainability Director, Scandic Hotels Group
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic Hotels is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Latest press releases
- September 15, 2022 07:45 CEST Scandic to open new hotel in Ski outside of Oslo
- September 1, 2022 09:00 CEST Scandic opens large new hotel in historic printing house in Helsinki
- August 31, 2022 17:30 CEST Change in the number of shares and votes in Scandic
- August 18, 2022 13:00 CEST Conversion of Scandic’s convertible bonds in an aggregated nominal amount of SEK 2 million to shares
- October 27, 2022 Q3 report, 2022
- January 17, 2023 Silent period Year-end report 2022
- February 16, 2023 Year-end report 2022