Scandic Hamburger Börs now open
Scandic Hamburger Börs celebrated its grand opening on Monday morning with a ceremonial ribbon-cutting by Minna Arve, Mayor of Turku, Olli Aakula, representative from LähiTapiola, Aki Käyhkö, Country Head of Scandic Finland, and Mikko Henriksson, General Manager of Scandic Hamburger Börs.
- We’re thrilled to be able give this historic Turku hotel a third lease on life. Turku is an important tourist destination for Finland and there is great interest in visiting the city from domestic and international tourists alike. For leisure travelers, Turku is an interesting destination as well as a gateway to the Finnish archipelago. It’s also a fairway for international cruise traffic and important passenger and cargo traffic to and from Sweden, says Aki Käyhkö, Head of Scandic Finland.
Scandic Hamburger Börs has opened just ahead of the upcoming holidays. The banquet and events section of the hotel is housed in the building’s Art Nouveau wing that flows seamlessly into the hotel’s modern architecture and offers guests a convenient walkway between conference facilities and hotel rooms.
- It's fantastic to finally open Scandic Hamburger Börs. We’ve been overwhelmed by the amount of interest in the hotel even before it opened. Our hotel rooms are almost sold out on weekends in November and December and we can see a pent-up need to stay on weekdays as well. Now we will work hard to provide as great a guest experience as possible so that going forward, we’ll have a full hotel every day of the week, says Mikko Henriksson, General Manager of the newly opened Scandic Hamburger Börs.
The hotel’s new restaurant, Más, which is located on the street level, will add a touch of Spanish flair to Turku with its Iberian-inspired dishes and tapas. And the Börs Roof Bar will offer a vibrant atmosphere, refreshing cocktails and the best views of Turku from the 9th floor. Scandic Hamburger Börs was designed by Schauman Architects and the property is already greatly admired for its classy exterior. Guests staying in the hotel’s 272 rooms will be able to enjoy a good night’s sleep in comfortable standard rooms, spacious superior rooms or magnificent junior suites with arched windows facing the Market Square.
- The interior design of the rooms could be called Scandinavian style, but instead of simple, lighter colors, we’ve used warm, comforting tones to create a relaxed atmosphere, says Jaakko Puro, Interior Design Architect at Puroplan Oy.
Scandic Hamburger Börs
- Property owner: LähiTapiola
- Construction and restauration: YIT
- Original building from 1885, addition in 1904, renovation in 2021
- New build, 2021: Janne Helsin, Schauman Architects
- Interior design: Jaakko Puro, Puroplan Oy
- Number of rooms: 272
- Más Restaurant & Bar (street level), 300 seats
- Börs Katto rooftop bar on the 9th floor, 70 seats
- Börs Pöheikkö restaurant on terrace, 100 seats
- 8 meeting and banquet halls
- Gym & sauna
- 25 parking spots
For more information, please contact:
Oscar Brehmer, Communication Manager, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 721 709 297
Johanna Uimonen, Communication Manager, Scandic Finland
Phone: +35 8 407 134 120
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.www.scandichotelsgroup.com
Latest press releases
- May 23, 2022 13:00 CEST Scandic Oceanhamnen now open – sustainability plays leading role from quay to rooftop terrace
- May 10, 2022 12:40 CEST Bulletin from Scandic’s annual general meeting 2022
- April 28, 2022 11:55 CEST Scandic to open third hotel in Tromsø
- April 27, 2022 07:30 CEST Scandic’s interim report Q1 2022
- June 17, 2022 Silent period Q2, 2022
- July 15, 2022 Q2 Report, 2022
- September 27, 2022 Silent period Q3, 2022