Scandic continues to enhance coworking concept – now introducing business breakfast
With increasing vaccination rates, easing of restrictions and the transformation of office spaces, more people are able to choose where they want to work from. And for many, the five-day week working in a traditional office is a thing of the past. This is why during the spring, Scandic’s Swedish hotels ran a pilot project to explore how to further develop its coworking concept. A hotel breakfast was included in the price of coworking at all Swedish hotels, which proved to be popular among people looking for flexible spaces to meet and work remotely in peace. This is why from September, Scandic will begin including breakfast in its coworking concept at all hotels.
- The past year has taught us that our working day doesn’t necessarily have to start with stress and rush hour traffic, but also that we need more dynamic environments than our home offices to get inspired. Starting your day with a relaxing, luxurious hotel breakfast is quite possibly the best way to begin your workday. And a breakfast meeting is the perfect way to rebuild your network after more than a year and a half of pandemic living, says Anna Spjuth, Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels Group.
In addition to breakfast, Scandic’s coworking concept offers a comfortable place to work outside of the company or home office as well as wifi, coffee and tea and access to a quiet space to work efficiently. There has been great interest in coworking at Scandic as the coworking trend has grown stronger in the Nordic region and the need for permanent offices is decreasing.
- Both small and large companies are looking for increased flexibility for their employees, regardless of whether it’s at the office or at a distance. At our hotels, we can offer dynamic, flexible and cost-efficient workspaces and environments close to home or on the go, something that has proven to be very popular, says Anna Spjuth.
Scandic’s coworking concept offers simplicity and accessibility for people who want to work from anywhere at any of Scandic’s close to 270 destinations. The hotels offer a variety of solutions based on user needs, from lounge seating to more quiet areas. Private workspaces are also available on request. The offer is available for drop-in guests as well as small to large companies seeking alternative spaces for working, collaborating and networking effectively. Scandic coworking is built on simplicity and there is no binding period. The price is SEK 199 per day including breakfast. For guests who only want to work, it is possible to opt out of breakfast for half the price.
To ensure safe hotel experiences, all Scandic hotels are part of the “Stay Safe at Scandic” program. This includes helping guests keep social distance through clear markings in the hotels’ shared spaces, providing hand disinfectant, promoting good hand hygiene, increasing cleaning procedures, regularly disinfecting public surfaces and reducing seating in lobbies and restaurants.
Scandic’s coworking concept includes:
- Access to close to 270 coworking spaces in 6 countries
- Working areas based on needs, from lounges to quiet spaces
- Hotel breakfast
- Wifi and power outlets
- Coffee, tea and sparkling water
- Discounts in Scandic’s shop and restaurant
- Reception service
- Print and copy service
- Open 24/7
- Meeting rooms by the hour for SEK 150 (upon availability)
For more information, please contact:
Elin Westin, Director of Communication, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 702 777 526
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.scandichotelsgroup.com
Latest press releases
- November 17, 2022 09:15 CET Current affairs and commercial leadership in focus as Scandic develops future leaders
- November 9, 2022 10:30 CET Thérèse Cedercreutz new Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels
- October 28, 2022 10:00 CEST Nomination committee for Scandic’s AGM 2023 appointed
- October 27, 2022 07:30 CEST Scandic’s interim report Q3 2022 – Scandic’s best quarter ever
- January 17, 2023 Silent period Year-end report 2022
- February 16, 2023 Year-end report 2022
- March 28, 2023 Silent period Q1, 2023