Scandic Arlandastad opens its doors
Located in the fast-growing Arlanda Airport City, Scandic Arlandastad is the first hotel in the Swedish market that Scandic has opened in close proximity to one of Swedavia’s airports. The hotel, which was originally opened in November 2016 by another hotel operator, has now been rebranded as a Scandic hotel and is now ready to welcome guests from all corners of the world, regardless of whether they are about to start a journey or work in the local area.
- For some time, we’ve wanted to establish ourselves at or in close proximity to Arlanda Airport. As we’ve now found a good solution together with the property owner through a revenue-based lease with a reasonable distribution of risk and a hotel in great condition, it’s a good investment for us to make, says Peter Jangbratt, Head of Sweden at Scandic Hotels.
At Scandic Arlandastad, guests will be able to get a head start on their holiday by gathering their travel companions to enjoy themselves in a calm, comfortable hotel environment before ending the day by relaxing in the sauna. The next day, when it’s time to leave for Arlanda Airport, guests will be able to take the free shuttle bus that stops outside the hotel entrance.
- I am very pleased that for a long time to come, Scandic Arlandastad will be an important part of strengthening Scandic’s position in the Greater Stockholm area and a key component in the business development around Arlanda Airport City. Above all, I look forward to welcoming new and returning guests to a new Scandic Arlandastad, says Petra Lindholm, General Manager at Scandic Arlandastad.
As at all Scandic hotels, accessibility is in focus at Scandic Arlandastad and 18 of the hotel’s 150 rooms have been specially designed as accessible rooms with a dedicated handicapped parking space. During the summer of 2021, Scandic Arlandastad will be tested to comply with the new, strict environmental and climate requirements of the Nordic region’s official environmental certification, the Nordic Swan Ecolabel. In total, 83 of Scandic’s 85 Swedish hotels have Nordic Swan Ecolabel certification.
For more information, please contact:
Elin Westin, Director of Communication
Phone: +46 702 777 526
Latest press releases
- May 23, 2022 13:00 CEST Scandic Oceanhamnen now open – sustainability plays leading role from quay to rooftop terrace
- May 10, 2022 12:40 CEST Bulletin from Scandic’s annual general meeting 2022
- April 28, 2022 11:55 CEST Scandic to open third hotel in Tromsø
- April 27, 2022 07:30 CEST Scandic’s interim report Q1 2022
- June 17, 2022 Silent period Q2, 2022
- July 15, 2022 Q2 Report, 2022
- September 27, 2022 Silent period Q3, 2022