Scandic Arlandastad opens its doors
Located in the fast-growing Arlanda Airport City, Scandic Arlandastad is the first hotel in the Swedish market that Scandic has opened in close proximity to one of Swedavia’s airports. The hotel, which was originally opened in November 2016 by another hotel operator, has now been rebranded as a Scandic hotel and is now ready to welcome guests from all corners of the world, regardless of whether they are about to start a journey or work in the local area.
- For some time, we’ve wanted to establish ourselves at or in close proximity to Arlanda Airport. As we’ve now found a good solution together with the property owner through a revenue-based lease with a reasonable distribution of risk and a hotel in great condition, it’s a good investment for us to make, says Peter Jangbratt, Head of Sweden at Scandic Hotels.
At Scandic Arlandastad, guests will be able to get a head start on their holiday by gathering their travel companions to enjoy themselves in a calm, comfortable hotel environment before ending the day by relaxing in the sauna. The next day, when it’s time to leave for Arlanda Airport, guests will be able to take the free shuttle bus that stops outside the hotel entrance.
- I am very pleased that for a long time to come, Scandic Arlandastad will be an important part of strengthening Scandic’s position in the Greater Stockholm area and a key component in the business development around Arlanda Airport City. Above all, I look forward to welcoming new and returning guests to a new Scandic Arlandastad, says Petra Lindholm, General Manager at Scandic Arlandastad.
As at all Scandic hotels, accessibility is in focus at Scandic Arlandastad and 18 of the hotel’s 150 rooms have been specially designed as accessible rooms with a dedicated handicapped parking space. During the summer of 2021, Scandic Arlandastad will be tested to comply with the new, strict environmental and climate requirements of the Nordic region’s official environmental certification, the Nordic Swan Ecolabel. In total, 83 of Scandic’s 85 Swedish hotels have Nordic Swan Ecolabel certification.
For more information, please contact:
Elin Westin, Director of Communication
Phone: +46 702 777 526
Latest press releases
- July 16, 2021 07:30 CEST Scandic’s interim report Q2 2021 – Recovery gaining momentum
- July 7, 2021 10:09 CEST Invitation to presentation of Scandic’s interim report for the second quarter 2021
- June 30, 2021 09:00 CEST Scandic rewards conscientious travelers - launches program to engage guests together with the Keep Sweden Tidy Foundation
- June 16, 2021 08:00 CEST Scandic takes Gothenburg to new heights – Scandic Göteborg Central set to open next year
- September 28, 2021 Silent Period Q3 2021
- October 28, 2021 Q3 Report 2021
- January 11, 2022 Silent Period Year-End Report 2021