Book your entire road trip in one go – Scandic first Nordic hotel chain to introduce online multi-booking
- We’re all used to being able to buy several things in a single order when we shop online, and we’re now offering the possibility to do this with hotel rooms on Scandic’s website. This means you can now book an entire road trip in one go including a stop at your mother-in-law’s on the way. It also means easier planning and greater flexibility, says Anna Spjuth, Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels. With online multi-booking, travelers can book up to five different hotel stays at once in the same booking. Each individual stay has its own booking number so it can be rebooked or canceled as needed. Stays can be booked up to one year in advance at Scandic’s close to 270 hotels at 130 destinations in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany and Poland. Stays are fully rebookable until 18:00 on the day of arrival and payment is required only upon arrival at the hotel.
- Multi-booking is a feature that leisure and business travelers have requested to further simplify the booking process since earlier, you needed to call customer service to book several stays on one trip. It’s fantastic to be the first in the industry with this new feature that lets you book several stays in one go yourself – just like your own little travel agency, continues Anna.
The feature has now been launched on Scandic’s website and can be found under the “Book several hotels” button when booking a stay. Multi-booking is just one of Scandic’s initiatives to simplify summer travel and create attractive offerings and destinations for the holiday period. Earlier in the spring, Scandic also launched free accommodations for children under 15, dinner for SEK 10 for all children and pancake buffets at selected hotels in Sweden – all to create great hotel experiences for younger and older travelers alike.
Scandic follows the recommendations of the Swedish Public Health Agency and offers safe hotel experiences through its “Stay Safe at Scandic” program. This includes well-considered traffic flows to avoid congestion, social distancing markings in shared spaces, hand sanitizer and access to hand washing facilities, continuous disinfection of public areas and reduced seating in hotel lobbies and restaurants. Guests who want to avoid visiting hotel restaurants can also opt for a takeout breakfast box that they can eat in their room or on the go.
For more information, please contact:
Oscar Brehmer, Communication Manager, Scandic Hotels
Phone: +46 721709297
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic Hotels is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Latest press releases
- November 17, 2022 09:15 CET Current affairs and commercial leadership in focus as Scandic develops future leaders
- November 9, 2022 10:30 CET Thérèse Cedercreutz new Chief Commercial Officer at Scandic Hotels
- October 28, 2022 10:00 CEST Nomination committee for Scandic’s AGM 2023 appointed
- October 27, 2022 07:30 CEST Scandic’s interim report Q3 2022 – Scandic’s best quarter ever
- January 17, 2023 Silent period Year-end report 2022
- February 16, 2023 Year-end report 2022
- March 28, 2023 Silent period Q1, 2023