Scandic strengthens commercial focus by recruiting Anna Spjuth as Chief Commercial Officer
To sharpen Scandic’s commercial focus, the company has appointed Anna Spjuth as Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). Anna has solid experience from working in the Nordic hotel industry. Most recently, she was Senior Vice President at Comfort Hotel, part of the Nordic Choice Group, where she successfully managed the company’s commercial strategy, concept development and brand platform. Prior to this, Anna was responsible for concept development for the Brunkebergstorg project in Stockholm that included At Six, Hobo and Tak. She also has several years’ experience as CEO at Yasuragi and general manager within the Scandic Group.
- Market conditions are changing rapidly, which means we need to sharpen our commercial focus to adapt. With Anna as CCO, we’ll be able to accelerate our pace and improve clarity in the commercial area, allowing us to better capitalize on our full potential in the market. I am very much looking forward to working with Anna to this end, says Jens Mathiesen, President & CEO of Scandic Hotels Group AB.
In connection with the organizational change, Scandic’s two commercial units will be merged. Earlier, responsibility was divided into Customer Journey with responsibility for e-commerce, brand strategy, marketing and Scandic’s loyalty program among other things and Commercial Optimization with responsibility for distribution, revenue optimization and sales.
- I’m extremely happy to be returning to Scandic in this new position. Scandic is a strong company and a clear market leader with an attractive offering and unique culture. This foundation is an excellent platform for further strengthening our market position, says Anna Spjuth.
For more information, please contact:
Henrik Vikström, Director Investor Relations, Scandic Hotels Group
+46 709 52 80 06
Elin Westin, Director of Communication, Scandic Hotels Group
+46 702 77 75 26
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic Hotels is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Latest press releases
- January 15, 2021 08:25 CET Scandic comments on market situation and ongoing rent negotiations
- January 11, 2021 09:30 CET Scandic Arlandastad opens its doors
- December 8, 2020 08:00 CET Scandic comments on market development and ongoing rent negotiations
- November 3, 2020 07:35 CET Scandic to take over hotel at Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- February 17, 2021 Year-End Report 2020
- March 29, 2021 Silent Period Q1 2021
- April 28, 2021 Q1 Report 2021