Scandic strengthens commercial focus by recruiting Anna Spjuth as Chief Commercial Officer
To sharpen Scandic’s commercial focus, the company has appointed Anna Spjuth as Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). Anna has solid experience from working in the Nordic hotel industry. Most recently, she was Senior Vice President at Comfort Hotel, part of the Nordic Choice Group, where she successfully managed the company’s commercial strategy, concept development and brand platform. Prior to this, Anna was responsible for concept development for the Brunkebergstorg project in Stockholm that included At Six, Hobo and Tak. She also has several years’ experience as CEO at Yasuragi and general manager within the Scandic Group.
- Market conditions are changing rapidly, which means we need to sharpen our commercial focus to adapt. With Anna as CCO, we’ll be able to accelerate our pace and improve clarity in the commercial area, allowing us to better capitalize on our full potential in the market. I am very much looking forward to working with Anna to this end, says Jens Mathiesen, President & CEO of Scandic Hotels Group AB.
In connection with the organizational change, Scandic’s two commercial units will be merged. Earlier, responsibility was divided into Customer Journey with responsibility for e-commerce, brand strategy, marketing and Scandic’s loyalty program among other things and Commercial Optimization with responsibility for distribution, revenue optimization and sales.
- I’m extremely happy to be returning to Scandic in this new position. Scandic is a strong company and a clear market leader with an attractive offering and unique culture. This foundation is an excellent platform for further strengthening our market position, says Anna Spjuth.
For more information, please contact:
Henrik Vikström, Director Investor Relations, Scandic Hotels Group
+46 709 52 80 06
Elin Westin, Director of Communication, Scandic Hotels Group
+46 702 77 75 26
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic Hotels is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Latest press releases
- July 16, 2021 07:30 CEST Scandic’s interim report Q2 2021 – Recovery gaining momentum
- July 7, 2021 10:09 CEST Invitation to presentation of Scandic’s interim report for the second quarter 2021
- June 30, 2021 09:00 CEST Scandic rewards conscientious travelers - launches program to engage guests together with the Keep Sweden Tidy Foundation
- June 16, 2021 08:00 CEST Scandic takes Gothenburg to new heights – Scandic Göteborg Central set to open next year
- September 28, 2021 Silent Period Q3 2021
- October 28, 2021 Q3 Report 2021
- January 11, 2022 Silent Period Year-End Report 2021