Scandic Hotels launches the largest network of coworking spaces in the Nordic countries
The coworking trend is booming in the Nordics as the need for permanent offices is decreasing in line with digital development. Not only that, both larger and smaller businesses are looking for increased flexibility for their teams and operations, whether it’s remote or on site.
- People are looking for more modern working solutions and we’re seeing a growing demand for workspaces closer to home or on the go from guests and corporate clients. With our 270 hotels in six markets, we can offer flexible, inspiring and cost-saving workspaces, regardless of where you’re based, says Jens Mathiesen, President & CEO at Scandic Hotels.
Scandic offers a simple, accessible and cost-efficient place to work at any of Scandic’s 270 locations. The hotels offer a variety of solutions depending on user needs, from lounge seating to quiet areas. Private workspaces in hotel rooms are also available upon request. The offer will be available for drop-in guests as well as small to large companies seeking an alternative area for working, collaborating and networking.
- Guests have been working from our hotel lobbies for many years and have appreciated the dynamic and creative environment that Scandic has to offer. Now we’re taking the next step by enabling access to a workspace in our hotels including more quiet areas and meeting rooms by the hour, as well as coffee and refreshments, Mathiesen concludes.
All Scandic hotels adhere to the Stay Safe at Scandic program which ensures a safe visit for everyone. It includes helping guests keep social distance through clear markings in the hotels’ shared spaces, providing hand disinfectant, promoting good hand hygiene, increased cleaning procedures, constantly disinfecting public surfaces and reducing seating in lobbies and restaurants.
Scandic coworking offering includes:
- Access to workspaces at around 270 locations in six countries
- Working areas based on working style and needs, from lounges to quiet spaces
- Wi-Fi and power outlets
- Tea, coffee & sparkling water
- Discounts in Scandic’s shops and restaurants
- Reception/front desk service
- Print and copy service
- Open 24/7
- Drop-in meeting rooms by the hour for 15 EUR (upon availability)
For more information, please contact:
Elin Westin, Director of Communication, Scandic Hotels Group
Phone: +46 702 777 526
About Scandic Hotels Group
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic Hotels is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Latest press releases
- May 10, 2021 13:00 CEST Scandic published its annual and sustainability report 2020
- May 4, 2021 10:00 CEST Scandic’s CEO Jens Mathiesen acquires stock options from Stena Sessan and Formica
- April 28, 2021 16:05 CEST Scandic’s Nomination Committee proposes Therese Cedercreutz as new Board member
- April 28, 2021 16:00 CEST Notice to annual general meeting in Scandic Hotels Group AB (publ)
- May 31, 2021 Annual General Meeting 2021
- June 16, 2021 Silent Period Q2 2021
- July 16, 2021 Q2 Report 2021