Scandic Hotels, the largest hotel operator in the Nordic region, is continuing to strengthen its organization by appointing Vasakronan CEO Fredrik Wirdenius to the Board of Directors.
Fredrik Wirdenius has been appointed as a new member of the Board of Directors of Scandic Hotels. Fredrik (born 1961) has close to 30 years of experience from working in the Swedish and international real estate markets, the last seven of which he has been CEO of Vasakronan, the leading property company in Sweden. Fredrik is also a member of the Board of RICS Sweden and has experience from various managerial positions within the Skanska group in Sweden and internationally.
– Fredrik has a deep understanding of the prerequisites of property owners and the development of the real estate sector, together with international experience in property, which will be a positive addition to our work on the Board. I am very happy to be able to welcome as renowned a person as Fredrik to the Board, says Vagn Sørensen, Chairman of the Board of Scandic Hotels.
– Scandic’s ability to refine hotel buildings together with property owners is impressive. I look forward to contributing my experience to Scandic’s continued development and growth, says Fredrik Wirdenius, new member of the Board of Scandic Hotels.
Composition of the Board of Directors:
- Vagn Sørensen – Chairman
- Eva Moen Adolfsson – Member
- Per G. Braathen – Member
- Caspar Callerström – Member
- Grant Hearn – Member
- Lottie Knutson – Member
- Niklas Sloutski – Member
- Rikard Steiber – Member
- Fredrik Wirdenius – Member
- Benny Zakrisson – Member
- Jan Wallmark – Employee Representative
For more information, please contact:
Vagn Sørensen, Chairman of the Board of Directors, who can be reached via:
Ann-Charlotte Johansson, VP Group Communications & IR, Scandic Hotels,
+46 721 802 244, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Scandic Hotels
Scandic is the market leader in Nordic hospitality with an unbeatable network of almost 230 hotels with 42,000 hotel rooms and run by 14,000 committed team members. Scandic Friends is the biggest loyalty program in the Nordic hotel industry with 1.5 million members. Scandic is the ‘best hotel brand’ in the Nordics (BDRC 2014). Responsibility is a part of Scandic’s DNA and for the fourth year running, Scandic has been designated the most sustainable hotel operator according to a Sustainable Brands survey. www.scandichotels.com