Downtown Camper by Scandic is Scandic’s third signature hotel in central Stockholm and it offers a hotel experience where nature meets the urban landscape. The hotel is designed to be the starting point for curious travelers who want to discover the real Stockholm, and a social meeting place for locals looking to get together with spontaneity, relaxation and togetherness in focus. Unique to the hotel is a completely new room category that sleeps up to 12 people. Downtown Camper opens on September 1.
Downtown Camper is located in the heart of the city in one of Stockholm’s most unexplored urban neighborhoods, Brunkebergstorg. The location provides the perfect starting point for travelers who can switch seamlessly between work and play, activity and relaxation, and people seeking genuine experiences.
– We’ve created a hotel for the curious traveler or Stockholmer who not only wants unique experiences but also contributes to creating them. Today, people want it all – to enjoy the tranquility of nature and live in the city. Downtown Camper brings the two worlds together, says Jacob Dahlberg, General Manager, Downtown Camper.
Downtown Camper has a modern, playful interior inspired by nature and the concrete jungle of the surrounding neighborhood. It is designed to provide opportunities for spontaneous interaction and togetherness, creative meetings and getting away from it all. The hotel’s unique Camper Co-Living concept allows up to 12 people to stay in adjoining rooms with a common social space and thus create their own hotel experience. Additionally, there is a large proportion of connecting rooms for people traveling in larger groups.
In the Campfire restaurant, the open fireplace is the focal point where guests can gather to enjoy comfort food from around the world. The menu is based on recognizable childhood favorites, global travel and the change of the seasons, and features a fusion of ingredients from the Swedish forest to the Mediterranean in dishes presented in inspiring ways.
The hotel’s hand-picked lifestyle concierge, Australian Kristian Hell, offers unique opportunities todiscover Stockholm in harmony with a sustainable lifestyle. Through a wide range of partnerships with local celebrities and brands, guests and locals alike can take part in a variety of daily activities in and outside of the the hotel by borrowing clothes and equipment for outdoor pursuits, joining runninggroups or just relaxing in the wellness area, The Nest.
Facts about Downtown Camper
Space and floors
- Total floor space covering 29,554 m2
- 10 stories of hotel rooms, one floor with social spaces
- 494 rooms
- 9 suites
- 16 Camper Co-Living suites for 6 to 12 people with adjoining rooms and common social spaces
- 5 creative spaces for meetings and events:
o Gameroom, a playful environment for up to 40 people
o Cocoon, a chambre separée for 10 people
o Nightwood, a cinema with seating for 25
o Boardroom, a meeting space with tables for 16 people
o Camper Lounge, a lounge with group seating for up to 25 people
- Campfire restaurant and outdoor patio
- Campfire Bar
- The Nest, a rooftop wellness center with experience showers as well as a sauna, gym and pool (from December 1)
- Cocktail lounge (from December 1)
- Lifestyle concierge
- In-room bartender (from December 1)
Partners and cooperations
- Houdini – clothing for sale/to borrow
- Melker Kayaks – kayaks to borrow
- Urskog – longboards and skateboards to borrow
- ATR (And The Revolution) – bikes to borrow
- Lokalii – unique experiences with locals
- Able Lounge – experiences for a sustainable lifestyle
- Ssideline City Runclub – social running in groups
About signature hotels
Signature hotels are marketed under their own hotel names with the extension “by Scandic” and are characterized by their unique history, personality and enhanced offering. The hotels are designed as distinct meeting places and aim to be natural social venues for locals and travelers alike. With itscollection of signature hotels, Scandic aims to attract new customers and meet the demands of travelers looking for unique hotel experiences.
For more information, please contact:
Mette von Schack, Marketing Manager, Downtown Camper
+46 721 80 22 94, firstname.lastname@example.org